The current membership of the Communications Development Group are:
- Charles McCullagh (Convenor)
- Niall Gallagher
- Cushla McAtarsney
- Sheila McGrane
Kilmore Parish Pastoral Council Communications Development Group Remit Agreed at PPC Meeting 1 September 2010
The Group shall:
- Ensure that information about the Parish Pastoral Council and other activities relevant to fulfilling the Parish Mission are available to parishioners.
- Aim to identify and meet the Parish – awareness needs of newcomers.
- Aim to promote sensitivity towards those in the parish who may feel marginalised.
- Promote a concept of mutual respect towards other Christians in our neighbourhood.
Proposed Outcomes 2013 – 2016
1 Parish Newsletter
- Review Circulation format and Method
- Encourage increasing input from Development Groups
- Develop a method for on-going evaluation by readers
- Encourage input from Christian Action initiatives by parishioners
2 Parish Web Site
- Continue the addition of archive material
- Establish more frequent checks of content and increased ongoing editing
- Review overall presentation
Give further consideration to the needs of: The Housebound; New Parishioners, Immigrants/Seasonal Workers; Non Active Parishioners
4 Other Christians
- Continue to promote the annual Christian Unity Week Service in our Parish.
- Examine the potential for developing inclusive activity in keeping with the spirit of the Parish Mission